Peak Planning Support
Build robust plans supporting the operation to manage peak
The delivery of peak is the biggest test of the year for retailers’ fulfilment operations. Successful outcomes depend on detailed plans being set in place up to 18 months in advance of peak. Our consultants can support your logistics teams during the peak planning process to give the operation the best chance of success.
We can add value to your peak planning by:
- Evaluating the capacity of the key automated and manual elements of the operation
- Building intake plans that consider inbound and storage capacity
- Sourcing short-term off-site storage and transport services
- Identifying improvement opportunities to release capacity
- Defining short-term solutions to mitigate capacity constraints
- Planning long-term developments to overcome capacity constraints
Mega shopping events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday are now a staple fixture of the UK retail calendar and such events drive dramatic surges in online order volumes. Many retailers have adapted to this relatively recent phenomenon by smoothing out demand through the staggering of promotions across the week or relaxing the customer service proposition.
The Benefits of peak planning support from BoxLogic include:
- Creation of comprehensive operational plans to support the intake, picking, shipping and returns functions
- Operational resilience to spikes in demand
- Independent evaluation to set expectations with business stakeholders
- Identification of new planning techniquesb