Whether you operate an in-house team or outsource to a 3PL, our logistics consultants work with your team to optimise your transport operations:
- Model a range of network design options, i.e. number and location of cross-dock facilities
- Route optimisation and scheduling
- Review of transport operations and network
- Identify opportunities for backhaul, third-party deliveries, partner network synergies, etc.
- Review reverse logistics and returns management
- Cost-to-Serve modelling
- Review inter-drops and last-mile delivery capability
- Network visualisation and evaluation
- Transport and international freight cost benchmarking
- 3PL review, potentially including tendering and selection
- Review and improvement of transport planning process
- TMS review, potentially including selection and implementation
- Review of port usage and freight mode
We work with your team to understand the current transport operation and identify opportunities by evaluating against best practice and alternative scenarios. We utilise a mixture of in-house built tools and modelling and also have access to leading market software. We have developed our methodical and analytical approach through vast experience of projects across a variety of sectors and geographies.
Potential benefits of transport optimisation can include:
- Savings in transport and freight costs
- Reduction in ‘wasted’ miles
- Minimise inter-site movements
- Reduced carbon footprint to drive wider sustainability goals
- Make transport a strategic asset
- Improve On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) delivery performance
- Improve service offering and capability
- Identify strategic partners aligned to your values
Get in touch with one of our consultants today
If you would like to discuss your project requirements with one of our logistics consultants today, please complete the form and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, you can email, use our chatbot or call +44 (0)118 309 4030.