Logistics Network Strategy
Define or optimise your logistics network strategy
Logistics network strategy is critical to the performance of the supply chain. The logistics network is the physical infrastructure, systems and processes that deliver products from supplier to end-customer, often via warehousing facilities.
The central question when defining a logistics network strategy is how to fulfil orders in line with the customer proposition in the most efficient way. There are several questions that hang off this like:
- How many warehouses or stockholding locations are needed?
- Which location provides the coverage of customers?
- What stock profile should each warehouse operate with?
- How big does each warehouse need to be?
- Are cross-docking sites required to support final mile delivery?
- Which type of vehicles should be used for deliveries?
- Which activities, if any, should be outsourced or kept inhouse?
Most projects that we undertake broadly follow the below approach with subtle changes to allow for client specific challenges:
We appreciate that most logistics networks are built through evolution and have fixed elements that cannot realistically be changed. Our consultants allow for this in the scenarios but can also include pure scenarios to understand the inefficiencies that such infrastructure or equipment generates. Our bespoke modelling is supplemented by use of visualisation tools including Centre of Gravity analysis, Starbursts and more.
Our extensive experience in evaluating a range of strategic design options make BoxLogic an ideal partner to find the right solution for your supply chain. The benefits of working with BoxLogic are:
- Proven methodical project approach and ability to work at all levels with our client’s teams
- Highly analytical consultant team with extensive practical experience, capable of identifying practical solutions
- Knowledge of what does and doesn’t work through our team’s engagement with many different cross-industry clients
- Bespoke models offering traceable and auditable results that is often not available in ‘black-box’ products
- Significant experience across the supply chain so we understand the importance of how everything aspect links together
- Ability to design at national, continental or global level
Contact BoxLogic to define or optimise an effective logistics network strategy to meet your customer proposition in one of the following ways:
- Interact with Boxy, our chatbot
- Email email@example.com
- Filling out our contact form or
- Call us now on +44 (0)1189 309 4030