Create a solution to efficiently process online and store orders
Omnichannel fulfilment is the logistics process to satisfy a customer order across multiple channels. The importance of having an effective omnichannel fulfilment strategy has never been greater as increasing sales are made online and the same customers demand more flexibility around how an order is fulfilled. Modern consumers want a seamless customer experience, whether buying in-store, online or a combination of both. Strategic questions might include how to:
- Segregate store and online stock pools?
- Optimise delivery frequency of store stock and click and collect orders?
- Design a warehouse that can process deep and shallow orders efficiently?
- Pack orders in an efficient and environmentally responsible way?
- Create an operational management structure to handle both streams?
- Incorporate wholesale value-added services into the fulfilment process?
Retailers require a more sophisticated fulfilment strategy, and this affects has significant consequences for warehouses, stores and systems. The shifting mix of orders towards eCommerce is having a significant impact on retail and grocery operations. It can cost significantly more to satisfy an online order than an in-store transaction and retailers need to adapt their operations to survive.
BoxLogic are logistics experts and can support retailers to adapt to the ever-changing landscape by building a robust and efficient fulfilment strategy. Our team evaluate a range of different omni-channel strategies for both the network and the warehouse to find the most appropriate solution based on cost and other qualitative factors. Each project has a different set of challenges but broadly follows the following approach:
The benefits of working with BoxLogic are:
- Proven methodical project approach and ability to work at all levels with our client’s teams
- Highly analytical consultant team with extensive practical experience, capable of identifying practical solutions
- Knowledge of what does and doesn’t work through our team’s engagement with many different retail and grocery clients
- Bespoke models offering traceable and auditable results that is often not available in ‘black-box’ products
- Significant experience across the supply chain so we understand the importance of how everything aspect links together
Contact BoxLogic to discuss your omnichannel fulfilment strategy in one of the following ways:
- Interact with Boxy, our chatbot
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filling out our contact form or
- Call us now on +44 (0)1189 309 4030