Transport Management Systems
Transport Management Systems (TMS) are pieces of software enabling planning, management and execution of transport movements across the supply chain. Transport Management Systems are deployed to drive efficiencies and cost reduction of logistics movements. In addition to planning and executing deliveries a TMS is also capable of:
- Shipment consolidation by creating routes, backhaul
- Shipment status and tracking
- Obtaining proof of delivery (ePOD)
- Automated carrier selection based on price and service
- Managing carrier performance
- Providing real and accurate data that can be used to feed back into the planning processes
- Reconciliation of invoices
Some modern systems also offer yard management, dock appointment scheduling and automated gatehouse functionality. A TMS is usually integrated with either the ERP or WMS, but, standalone options are also available.
Our consultants have a good track record of working with Transport Management Systems and we can help you to:
- Review and identify improvements in your current system functionality and planning processes
- Perform independent Gap Analysis against the latest offering in the TMS market
- Gather requirements and compile a Functional Design Specification (FDS) of a new system or system upgrade
- TMS selection and tender process management
- End-to-end project management
- Testing, implementation and go-live support
Get in touch with one of our consultants today
If you would like to discuss your project requirements with one of our logistics consultants today, please complete the form and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, you can email, use our chatbot or call +44 (0)118 309 4030.