Warehouse Control Systems
WCS review, specification, testing and implementation
Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) are software that control and direct the automation equipment (e.g. ASRS, sorters, conveyors, pallet / tote stackers etc.) in a warehouse or distribution centre. A WCS can control the end-to-end product flow in a fully automated warehouse or a specific type of operation (e.g. storage and retrieval or packaging) in a semi-automated warehouse.
Typically, a WCS is installed by the vendor that has implemented the automation within the warehouse. This changes when there are multiple automation providers in a single site. Modern warehouse control systems are also now able to function as a WMS. In a warehouse which has both systems, it is important to define the dividing line clearly and, in a way that allows both systems to complement each other. This is often challenging, and many implementations fail to get this ‘dividing line’ right.
BoxLogic Consultants have significant experience with warehouse automation and control systems and as such, we recommend involving a professional, independent expert such as ourselves when defining the scope of each WMS and WCS.
Our scope of services includes:
BoxLogic are the right choice of partner when making decisions around the scope of WCS as we:
- Are an independent, neutral, software / vendor agnostic consultancy
- Provide a single point of contact, partner for advice and implementation
- Have a track record of successful delivery in this area
- Offer can offer end-to-end expertise in warehouse automation and control systems
- Can leverage experience gained from working a variety of projects and various industry sectors and geographies
- Have an in-depth understanding of wider warehouse operations and potential impact
Contact BoxLogic to discuss warehouse control system integration and automation in your operation by:
- Interacting with our chat-bot, Boxy
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filling out our contact form or
- Call us now on +44 (0)1189 309 4030