Case Study with Prime Print Group
Precision Proco, formerly the Prime Print Group, is a commercial printer creating personalised printed communications and products to it’s B2C customers. The company despatched up to 7,500 orders per day from it’s factory and warehouse in Mansfield, UK.
The company was experiencing rapid growth especially during peak and wanted to explore options to improve their operations and fulfilment capacity by reviewing their work release and scheduling process.
- Identify an operational solution that would help manage increasing order volumes in a constrained footprint and reduce bottlenecks
- Support the business to prepare for the businesses’ forthcoming peak trading period
- Swift familiarisation of the current operations and scheduling processes.
- Developed and calibrated a simulation model to replicate the current work release schedule to act as a baseline.
- Considered a range of alternative scenarios with variables including batch sizes, works hours, and wave release patterns.
- Assessed the impact of deploying basic warehouse automation equipment including conveyors and pick-to-light technology.
- Compared the outputs of each scenario against the baseline based on the key criteria of footprint, productivity and capacity.
- Made recommendations based on the modelling output alongside a roadmap to achieve the new ways of working.
- Provided various operational recommendations to achieve the project goals including the optimal batch sizes by each product category, an adjustment of operating hours at peak and the implementation of backward scheduling logic across the operations.
- Feedback on potential operational systems and suggested warehouse technologies to explore to deliver greater efficiencies and utilisation of warehouse footprint.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.