Case Study with Packaging Supplier
The client is a leading designer and supplier of packaging to the ecommerce sector. The business operates from its UK base in the midlands distributing to its national customer base, whilst also managing its continental presence for its customers operating in Europe.
The business had exceeded the capacity of its UK warehouse and was also operating out of two offsite locations in addition to a 3PL location for bulk overflow storage. A new distribution centre of 170,000 square foot had been identified nearby as a preferred facility.
- Evaluate the opportunity to deploy multi-deep storage to maximise storage capacity.
- Design a concept layout balancing storage capacity and operating efficiency that incorporated the wide range of pallet formats held.
- Visited the current operation to document the operational requirements and assess the different pallet formats held.
- Worked closely with the operations team to baseline the current pallet storage volumes by pallet type, height, and weight.
- Created a couple of concept layouts of different racking orientations and presented to the business to decide a preferred option.
- Provided a detailed CAD layout and documentation to support the tender of the solution that was to be run internally.
- Offered recommendations of potential racking suppliers to approach for the supply of racking to the new facility.
- A detailed concept layout based on the current racking format comprising narrow aisle racking and articulated reach trucks.
- Provision of detailed AutoCAD drawings and elevations to support the procurement of the desired solution.
- Budget costs of equipment to inform internal business case sign-off.
- Supporting documentation to successfully tender the racking and forklift MHE.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.