Case Study with PacWolf Fulfilment
Pacwolf Fulfilment is a UK based third-party logistics provider and subsidiary of the CS Ellis Group. The business provides warehousing, storage, packing, VAS (Value Added Services) and distribution services to customers from ecommerce, retail and wholesale sectors.
The business was experiencing rapid growth and the incumbent Warehouse Management System (WMS) was unable to support this. PacWolf needed a modern, functionally rich WMS which could meet user requirements and support the end-to-end warehouse operations.
- Review and document the operational requirements for a new warehouse management system
- Select the preferred partner to provide a WMS capable of supporting the growth of the business
- Reviewed the existing process flows and developed To-Be flows based on the functionality offered by modern systems on the market.
- A list of potential WMS vendors were compiled based on the operational requirements, kickstarting an RFI (Request for Information).
- Responses from the RFI were assessed and an vendors shortlisted to take forward to an RFP (Request for Pricing).
- An RFP document was compiled to detail the user requirements and issued to vendors to provide full costed proposals.
- Support was provided to resolve technical questions between both parties.
- Proposals were evaluated and refined to fully meet the customer requirements.
- Reference site visits and interviews were conducted alongside vendor presentations, leading to the shortlisting of two vendors.
- Client was supported through negotiations until an agreement with a provider was reached.
- A tier-1 WMS provider that consistently features among the ‘leaders’ of the Gartner magic quadrant was selected as the partner.
- Future operational process flows were developed in line with Tier-1 and Tier-2 functionality.
- Negotiation support delivered excellent commercial terms, ensuring great value for money for the client.
Boxlogic made the whole process seamless, and I do greatly believe without them we would not have the system we have now.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.