Case Study with Snug Sofa
Snug Sofa is the original ‘Sofa in a Box Company’ offering quality and stylish furniture. Sofas can be assembled in as little as three minutes with no tools and no fuss.
Snug was experiencing rapid growth and had outgrown its in-house warehousing facilities. The management team had already decided that outsourcing the warehousing function was essential to achieving the operational scale to support the sales growth over the coming years. Snug needed a team of logistics experts to support them to prepare for a tender process to select a third-party logistics (3PL) provider.
- Document the operational requirements of an outsourced warehouse operation as part of the preparation of a tender process
- Recommend a long-list of appropriate 3PLs to engage with, and initiate the tender process to shortlist the most suitable 3PLs
- Quickly developed an understanding of the current warehouse and distribution operation.
- Analysed recent stock and order data to define the as-is operational throughputs and storage requirements.
- Overlaying projected sales growth to determine the future storage, throughput and footprint requirements.
- Compiled an RFI (Request-for-Information) pack for issue to a long-list of suitable 3PLs based on our extensive market knowledge.
- Assessed 3PL responses to the RFI, shortlisting those with the most relevant sector experience and availability.
- Collated an RFP (Request-for-Pricing) document for issue to the 3PLs, detailing the operational requirements for the business.
- Keep in touch with the Snug project team, providing advice as they opted to manage the process internally.
- Provided a shortlist of pre-qualified and suitable vendors to commence the RFP process.
- Supplied a comprehensive tender pack to support 3PLs to build an informed and fully-costed proposal.
- Selected a 3PL to act as the fulfilment partner and support the realisation of its ambitious growth plans.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.