Case Study with Virgin Wines
Virgin Wines is one of the UK’s largest direct-to-consumer wine retailers, selling more than 100 million bottles of wine and winning multiple independent awards. The business fulfils orders from it’s two warehouse facilities in Preston and Bolton, holding the range of over 700 wines in addition to an extensive range of craft beers and spirits.
The incumbent WMS (Warehouse Management System) at Virgin Wines was more than 15 years old and no longer supported the operational requirements and growth ambitions. The company experienced rapid growth since early 2020, and it became critical to replace the WMS and have both sites running on a single, robust system.
- Review and document the operational requirements for a new warehouse management system
- Select the preferred partner to provide a scalable WMS that could enable its future growth ambitions and improve productivity
- Identify a solution that would minimise project risk, reduce operational disruption and facilitate an easy transition
- Reviewed the existing process flows and developed To-Be flows based on the functionality offered by modern systems on the market.
- Reviewed the output of the RFI (Request-for-Information) that the internal project team had already completed.
- An RFP document was compiled to detail the user requirements and issued to vendors to provide full costed proposals.
- Support was provided to resolve technical questions between both parties.
- Proposals were evaluated and refined to fully meet the customer requirements.
- Reference site visits and interviews were conducted alongside vendor presentations, leading to the shortlisting of two vendors.
- Client was supported through negotiations until an agreement with a provider was reached.
- Managed the project implementation through testing and go-live cut over.
- The implementation of a warehouse management system from a leading software provider.
- Future operational flows were developed in line with best-practice processes.
- Smooth transition to the new solution with support throughout the operational training rollout, testing and go-live.
They were great to communicate with and really formed part of our project team.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.