Case Study with International Health Partners
International Health Partners is a global health NGO, supporting people in disaster-hit and vulnerable communities to get vital medicines. The company is a registered charity which sources medicines and aid (from donors, primarily pharmaceutical companies) to disaster hit countries globally via their network of Logistics Partners.
IHP used an in-house system for inventory management and shipment tracking, supported by manual programs and spreadsheets. A system that offered full functionality could free up resource as well as reduce the organisation’s reliance on spreadsheets and team experience.
- Document operational requirements as part of the scheduling and forecasting process
- Assess the requirements against the available solutions on the market
- Inform decision whether to develop inhouse software or buy an off-the-shelf system
- Rapid familiarisation of the current system landscape, operational processes and key applications used in scheduling and forecasting.
- Detailed requirements gathering through interviews with the project team and key stakeholders.
- Facilitated workshop to review, categorise and prioritise the business requirements as a team.
- Documented the system requirements for the scheduling and forecasting processes; categorised as ‘standard’ and ‘non-standard’, ‘must-have’ and nice-to-have’ and short, medium or long-term.
- A final report documented the requirements, recommendations, a list of suitable software and vendors, resourcing requirements, roadmap, timeline and next steps.
Speak to a Consultant Today
Call us on +44 (0)118 309 4030
to speak to a BoxLogic consultant to design and deliver the change you want to see in your operation.