Logistics Network Design
Logistics network design is critical to the performance of the supply chain. The logistics network is the physical infrastructure, systems and processes that deliver products from supplier to end-customer, often via warehousing facilities.
The central question when designing a logistics network is how to fulfil orders in line with the customer proposition in the most efficient way. There are several questions that stem from this, such as:
- How many warehouses or stockholding locations are needed?
- Which location provides the coverage of customers?
- What stock profile should each warehouse operate with?
- How big does each warehouse need to be?
- Are cross-docking sites required to support final mile delivery?
- Which type of vehicles should be used for deliveries?
- Which activities, if any, should be outsourced or kept inhouse?
Most projects that we undertake broadly follow the below approach with subtle changes to allow for client specific challenges:
We appreciate that most logistics networks are built through evolution and have fixed elements that cannot realistically be changed. Our consultants allow for this in the scenarios but can also include pure scenarios to understand the inefficiencies that such infrastructure or equipment generates. Our bespoke modelling is supplemented by use of visualisation tools including Centre of Gravity analysis, Starbursts and more.
Our extensive experience in evaluating a range of design options make BoxLogic an ideal partner to find the right solution for your supply chain. The benefits of working with BoxLogic are:
- Proven methodical project approach and ability to work at all levels with our clients’ teams
- Highly analytical consultant team with extensive practical experience, capable of identifying practical solutions
- Knowledge of what does and doesn’t work through our team’s engagement with many different cross-industry clients
- Bespoke models offering traceable and auditable results that are often not available in ‘black-box’ products
- Significant experience across the supply chain means we understand the importance of how each aspect links to the other
- Ability to design at national, continental or global level
Get in touch with one of our consultants today
If you would like to discuss your project requirements with one of our logistics consultants today, please complete the form and we will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, you can email, use our chatbot or call +44 (0)118 309 4030.