Warehouse automation performs the repetitive tasks traditionally carried out
by people, driving efficiencies in warehouses across the globe.
But what are the key aspects for any business leader considering investing in their logistics operations?
When does it work best?
Highly repeatable tasks
Steady demand profiles
High space or labour costs
Large volumes to process
Online order fulfilment
What are the benefits?
Reduced operational costs
Lower labour dependency
Reduced order lead times
What are the key risks?
- Selecting inappropriate automation technology
- Underestimating the scale of IT changes
- Not building enough flexibility in the solution design
- Overestimating the productivity benefits available
- Upskilling a warehouse team not used to automation
Low complexity solutions
6 – 9 months
18 – 24 months
More complex solutions